Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cow Eye Dissection Lab

We did it!!  In an effort to increase interest in Science and truly practice using our Science tools we dissected a cow's eye.  In addition we learned how closely it resembles the human eye and how our eye works to send messages to the brain.  So much took place in just this one lesson today.  We taught and used our non fiction text features, took notes on a diagram and used our Science observation skills.  Goodness, what a great day!
You can see here, the diagrams we used and how we practiced taking notes.  I feel like I'm back in college, but wait it's just Second Grade at JTSD.  



After I dissected parts of the eye, we passed them around on plates, so the students could actually use all of their senses to gain a better understanding of what we were doing.



No Fear!!  We've got this!






This is me, touching the best lens from the eye that I've ever gotten out of the four years I've done this.  It was AWESOME!  We used the lens to magnify a piece of writing.  Super cool!


Here we are cutting into the Cornea.  Super cool to see!

And, this is the before picture.  The eye just by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment